Functional Safety Engineer (m/w/d)
With more than 18,000 associates in 34 countries around the world, we bring GPS navigation and wearable technology to the automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and fitness markets. We think every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday.
The Garmin Würzburg GmbH is a European development center participating in the worldwide development of basic technology for future products in the fields of Automotive, Fitness & Outdoor, Marine and Corporate Health. In Würzburg currently 180 employees are working in the areas of software development, software quality assurance and product management as well as administration.
GARMIN, as a growth-oriented company, offers an exciting challenge and innovative technologies.
Come and join our Automotive team!
- Coordinate and provide guidance to safety management activities for Automotive projects according to relevant standards during all project phases including preliminary hazard analysis, DFMEA, FMEDA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis
- Review project status and reports, provide feedback and direction to the global engineering staff as needed, and facilitate communication with top management and other departments
- Define and implement processes to align Garmin’s safety culture with ISO2626:2018 and support external audits
- Conduct reviews, audits, and assessments with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles
- Analyze impact of ISO26262 releases for Garmin and create Functional Safety awareness across all of AutoOEM and other segments as appropriate
- Act as a main focal related to safety topics to optimize the cooperation and expertise regarding OEM processes and strategies
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an engineering discipline such as computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering
- Several years of experience working in the semiconductor, automotive, OEM or a related industry
- Deep knowledge and experience developing and delivering work products of a functional safety program compliant to ISO 26262
- Experience supporting external/third-party assessments of functional safety work products
- High level of initiative, energy and drive with a results-oriented track record and commitment to success by communicating complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers
We offer challenging tasks in Würzburg in a very open and communicative culture. As an employer, Garmin offers a competitive salary and fringe benefits.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf unterfrankenjobs.de - vielen Dank!